HPRs Apps for Smartphones, Tablets, and TV Set-Top Boxes
You no longer need a desktop computer or laptop to enjoy Heartland Public Radio. You can now listen freely throughout your home or workplace via a WiFi connection using your smartphone or tablet. You can also listen on the go using your smartphone or cellular-enabled tablet via a cellular data plan. Very soon you will be able to listen on your television and/or through your home entertainment system using a Set-Top Television Box. Please look through our various apps below to find the one that will work for you.
ALL of Heartland Public Radio’s apps are FREE. However, data charges from your cellular carrier may apply when listening via a metered cellular data plan. Check with your cellular carrier for details.
Smartphones and Tablets
If you have an Apple iPhone, iPod Touch, and/or iPad, you can download HPR’s free iOS app using one of the following methods:
1) On your iPhone/iPod/iPad, open the App Store and search: Heartland Public Radio or HPR. Our app should come up in this search, and then you can install it.
2) If your iPhone/iPod/iPad has a QR code reader/scanner app, scan this QR code:
3) Visit the Apple App Store directly via this link:
If you have an Android smartphone or tablet, you can download HPR’s free Android app using one of the following methods
1) On your Android smartphone or tablet, open the Google Play Store, select Apps and search: Heartland Public Radio or HPR. Our app should come up in this search, and then you can install it.
2) If your Android smartphone or tablet has a QR code reader/scanner app, scan this QR code:
3) Visit the Google Play Store directly via this link:
If you have a Kindle Fire tablet, you can download HPR’s free app using one of the following methods:
Kindle note: this app is for Kindle Fire or equivalent Kindle Tablet computers. Kindle E-readers such as Kindle, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage do NOT support this app.
1) On your Kindle Fire, open the Amazon Appstore and search: Heartland Public Radio or HPR. Our app should come up in this search, and then you can install it.
2) If your Kindle Fire or Fire Phone has a QR code reader/scanner app, scan this QR code:
3) Visit the Amazon Appstore directly via this link:
Television Set-Top Boxes / Streaming Sticks
There are two different ways to easily add Heartland Public Radio’s Roku channel/app to your Roku player. You can do it right here via this web browser or via your Roku device.
Add HPR’s Roku Channel/App from Here:
- Click this link: https://channelstore.roku.com/details/ea1755e7d7c122cd4ecc023feaadd048
- When you land on the HPR Channel Page on the Roku website, click the “Add Channel” button
- If you are already logged into your Roku account, then the HPR Roku Channel will be added – you’re done.
- If you’re not logged into your Roku account, you will be prompted to do so. After you finish logging in, click the “Add Channel” button again, and you will be done.
Add HPR’s Roku Channel/App from your Roku Device:
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote
- Scroll and select Streaming Channels to open the Channel Store
- Scroll and select Search Channels
- In the search box, enter HPR
- Select the HPR Heartland Public Radio channel/app and install it
Here is a link to a YouTube video published by Roku showing how to install a channel from your Roku device: https://youtu.be/Wj0UyR4NpU4
Heartland Public Radio’s Roku channel/app is available to listeners in the following Roku Channel Store regions and beyond: Ireland, Peru, Panama, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, France, Chile, Honduras, Mexico, Guatemala, Germany, Canada, El Salvador, Argentina, United Kingdom, Colombia, Australia, Brazil.
Listen To HPR via a Smart Speaker
Click Here to see a list of voice commands that will play HPR on your Amazon/Alexa smart speaker.
page last updated: January 2, 2023
Problems? Email: or Call us: 1-417-243-0043